Second attempt to embed video from pitchfork.tv. This one comes with an embed code from pitchfork’s website.
Thanks Vodpod for the assist with getting the embed to work. Very cool widget now that I’ve figured out how it works.
Here’s an abbreviated walkthru for embedding a video on pitchfork.tv:
1. Download and install the vodpod widget.
2. Customize your firefox toolbar to include the vodpod widget.
3. Navigate to pitchfork.tv in a seperate tab.
4. Click on the (Click if you’re having trouble) link in the vodpod widget.
5. Paste the pitchfork.tv embed code into the window.
6. Enter in some bloggery and then Publish!
7. Don’t get too frustrated that the embedded video won’t go full screen, coming to the realization that you have to also include the url to the embedded video on pitchfork.tv so people can actually see the video full screen. Really, just focus on not letting this irritate the hell out of you and make you start questioning the motives behind limited embedding. Maybe it’s not as magnanimous as it appears. I recommend breathing in through the nose and then kicking the person next to you in the shin.
proactively • wearing shin guards to work tomorrow • peter